Subscribe to our newsletter

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Newsletters you can trust

Meagan's Designs Etsy Shop

Kaedan Krafts Etsy Shop

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Twitter Counter Remote

    What I want to buy!

    Sunday, June 7, 2009

    Life's a Beach Project Crochet Bikini with Blog Giveaway

    This has been one busy week for me! I have been making tutus galore and loving it. There has been lots of orders for tutus in the past few weeks and I have 1 month until my first show of the season with my etsynj team. This show is going to be my biggest one to date so I have a creating schedule so that I can make enough each week to get my supply up for it!

    Drum Roll Please.......................................................................................................................................
    I have finished the bottom to my crochet bikini!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a great feeling to finish the bottom and my next step is sewing the lining into the bikini and I have a week and half until the debut day for the bikini. I still want to crochet the cover-up but I don't know if I will get it done before the debut day but I will attempt to work on it. Here is the new pics:



    My other big news is I created a lightbox of my very own! As you all know, I am a member of Etsysecrets (a group that Tim Adam created for sellers to unite and help each other succeed) and I was reading a consultation that brought up lightboxes. Tim sent the seller to this blog link: $10 lightbox to make an easy and affordable lightbox. So I read the blog and thought to myself: "hey I can do this and I don't even need to spend $10". The next day I set out to make my lightbox and I can tell you that it was so easy. It took me all of 15 minutes to gather the materials and put it together.

    ***Blog Giveaway announcement: In the top left hand corner is a poll that is marked Outside Pic and Lightbox Pic. You vote on the poll and then leave me a comment about which pic you liked the best and the winner will recieve the set of Crochet Facial Scrubbies and Washcloth Set below. The contest will end on June 14th and winner announced June 15th during my project Monday.


    Here are the before and after results:










    Outside Pic (before) Lightbox Pic (after)

    1 comment:

    ARDDesigns said...

    For this particular item the light box is the better choice. I have seen some of your other pictures and think that with some of them the natural setting was the better choice. I think it depends on the colors used.