Subscribe to our newsletter

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Newsletters you can trust

Meagan's Designs Etsy Shop

Kaedan Krafts Etsy Shop

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Twitter Counter Remote

    What I want to buy!

    Monday, May 18, 2009

    Life's a Beach Project Crochet Bikini Week 3 plus Photo Handbags



    I finished the top last week which was easy because I just had the last ties to do and started on the bottom. I finished the front and middle section and now I am working on back section ( which I have no butt to fill it, lol). I am hoping to have the back done this week and start on the cover up. The cover up is what is going to take me the longest to finish because it is more detail with the sleeves and such. It is so funny to see the look on people's faces when I say that I am crocheting a bikini and then when I say that I am planning on wearing it on the beach this summer. Really why not? I think it is so cute and different plus it is cheaper than spending $30-$40 on each seperate piece of a bikini or $100 on a one-piece bathing suit at a store at the mall or even Target.









    Well the other thing I was working my butt off on this past week was 7 photo bags for my Best Friend, Bryann. She is giving the bags filled with a beach towel (her wedding is on the beach), flip flops, a beautiful bracelet (made by her maid of honor), a candle and each girl got a personal gift (mine was a plaque that had different quotes about believe, which is I love to collect quotes). The bags were made of duck cloth (on the outside) and lined with cotton. There are 9 photo sections that hold 3x5 photos. They came out so cute and I made an extra one to list in my shop this week.









    Lastly, here is me in a tutu at the bachlorette party. The Bride-to-Be and I were the only ones to wear one (the rest chicken out) and it was so much FUN!!!!

    2 comments:

    Go2Girl Designs by Kila said...

    The Photo Beach Bags are a great idea! And they turned out so well!

    The tutu's are too cute, everyone should of worn theirs:)

    gwengoods said...

    cute bikini, and cute tutu!