Subscribe to our newsletter

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Newsletters you can trust

Meagan's Designs Etsy Shop

Kaedan Krafts Etsy Shop

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Twitter Counter Remote

    What I want to buy!

    Sunday, April 26, 2009

    My project for last week

    Well as you all read, I was terribly sick the past few weeks and even ended up with vertigo a few times (not fun). I am happy to say that I feel so much better now and I am slowly catching up with everything that I left fall behind.This is my Best Friend Bryann

    As I have mentioned before, my Best Friend (Bryann or Girl Bry) is getting married on June 20th, so I have been super busy helping her with all kinds of wedding stuff. This past Saturday was her Bridal shower. It was a great time for all of us and the first time that the bridemaids finally met. Some of us knew each other from before but some never met at all (communication for the shower was all email and text messages, gotta love technology!). The bride-to-be had a fun time playing games and opening all her gifts.
    The Fab Five Bridal Party with Bride

    My shower job became my project for last week (when I was able to function). I was in charge of the food, which most of it was ordered and made at my day job store (thanks guys), and the treasure chest (wishing well). I am a true procrastinator and waited till the last minute to make the chest and her gifts (of course she was getting handmade from me!).
    My Dress

    I bought a cute sundress to wear to the shower and when I tried it on (at home of course) it fit everywhere but my bust area (the girls would be hanging out, big no no!). So I had some vintage 70's fabric that I was planning on making a dress out of one day and that day became Thursday. I finished the dress Friday night and started finishing her treasure chest. I did the staining earlier in the week and I got the shells and netting all glued and decided it needed something more so I added some ribbon (teal blue) and a bow (wedding white). It came out so adorable that she is using it as decoration at the wedding!The Treasure Chest

    Then came the gifts... I had a co-worker who makes really nice fabric covered photo albums, make me a sea themed album and then I crocheted her a set of washcloths and scrubbies plus I gave her the crochet bath set I had in my shop with soap and bath fizzies (every woman, married or single, needs some alone bath time!).
    My dress close-up with crochet straps and accent belt

    All in all it was a great day and I had lots of fun creating!

    1 comment:

    Go2Girl Designs by Kila said...

    Sounds like a fun weekend and reward for all your work! Love the little details on your dress.