Subscribe to our newsletter

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Newsletters you can trust

Meagan's Designs Etsy Shop

Kaedan Krafts Etsy Shop

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Twitter Counter Remote

    What I want to buy!

    Wednesday, March 4, 2009

    My Neckwarmer Made from My Spun Yarn


    I never, ever thought that I would get into spinning my own yarn but I have and I love it! I bought a drop spindle and hot pink merino roving (just starting to get the lingo down) from yarntospin.etsy.com and she had wonderful detailed instructions on how to spin your own yarn. It took me about 6 hours to spin the yarn because I was doing a little at a time plus I did run into a couple of snags from my own inexperience and needed to walk away. Well we it was all done and I washed, blocked and twisted the yarn I came out so cute. When I bought the kit, I told myself that I would make myself something out of the yarn (it is something I don't normally do) and I made myself a neckwarmer!

    I have bought more roving from yarn2spin.etsy.com and I can't wait for it to come in so I can spin more yarn and make more adorable items!

    No comments: