Subscribe to our newsletter

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Newsletters you can trust

Meagan's Designs Etsy Shop

Kaedan Krafts Etsy Shop

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Twitter Counter Remote

    What I want to buy!

    Sunday, March 22, 2009

    My First Crochet Project of the Month

    I love to do endeavor big crochet project but tend to rip them out or not finish them because the small projects I can get done quickly and list in my shops. Well, I decided to take on 1 "big" project a month and devote 1 hour a day to it. Then on Mondays, I will update you with my status of the project and show you pics of my progress. I thought this would be a fun thing to do and read about!

    This month I am participating in the Lion Brand's Crochet A-long and the project is a Moderne Jacket! The pattern was free to download and people all over the US and the rest of the world are making their own versions of this Jacket and I can't wait to see how each one varies. The flickr page for this is: http://www.flickr.com/groups/lionbrandcal/

    The original pattern calls for using 2 different yarns and crocheting them together. I am using one yarn, Bernet afgan yarn, because I wanted to use what I have laying around the house before I bought the more expensive yarn (one they call for is cashmere yarn). I started this today and have only gotten the foundation row and a few more rows done so no pictures yet but I will definitely have more progress and pics next Monday, so stay tuned!

    If you are participating in the Crochet along please let me know so I can post your finished product on my blog!

    1 comment:

    gwengoods said...

    I have finished my back piece and 1 front piece so far.