Subscribe to our newsletter

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Newsletters you can trust

Meagan's Designs Etsy Shop

Kaedan Krafts Etsy Shop

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Twitter Counter Remote

    What I want to buy!

    Thursday, February 26, 2009

    To Ebay or Not To Ebay

    A co-worker of mine is interested in selling here awesome photo albums on ebay and that got me to thinking, To Ebay or Not To Ebay? I know that some people do well selling on ebay but more often I hear of people not selling a single thing. So yesterday I decided to give ebay a chance and see how I do. I set my account and listed 1 item, the green and blue polka dot hobo handbag. Well in 24 hours I have not gotten a single bid and very few lookers. It costs me only $.35 so I am not that upset but I would love to know how people are successful at ebay. Do you ebay?? If you do please tell us how you fare at selling and any tips you might have.

    3 comments:

    Melissa said...

    I have listed things on ebay before, but didn't get any bids. You have to pay extra to be in the first few pages of search results on ebay.

    Ellen said...

    I've listed and even sold things on ebay, but that was many, many years ago. I've heard the fees really start adding up once you do sell something. Also, the things I sold were not handmade, but stuff I had around the house.

    CrochetBouquet said...

    I do eBay in addition to etsy, and have sold my crocheted flowers there for over 5 years. It varies completely on what sells or doesn't sell. I can have something listed for $5 one week and get no bids, then when I relist it in a few weeks I might sell it for much more. It all depends on who is looking !

    For me, it is fun :) watching people try to outbid each other, sometimes in the last 60 seconds.