Subscribe to our newsletter

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Newsletters you can trust

Meagan's Designs Etsy Shop

Kaedan Krafts Etsy Shop

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Twitter Counter Remote

    What I want to buy!

    Wednesday, January 21, 2009

    Give a Little Bit of Yourself

    One of my goals this year was to give either money, my time or something of value to charities every week. I started off my giving away 2 bags of clothing to the clothing donation bins, then I gave money to the American Legion Women's Auxiliary, next I gave 2 big boxes of gently used children's clothing, bottles, lotions and other things that my children don't or never used to a LifeChoices (a local charity who helps parents who need assistance) and this week I am donating 3 packages of diapers to LifeChoices. I have been really drawn to donating LifeChoices because they have helped me in my times of need by providing diapers, wipes, cereal, clothing and other things that I have needed for my daughter so it is just fitting to give back to them.

    Now, if only everyone would catch this spirit of just giving back. In this trying time of our "recession" economy even the tinist bit helps and I think that donating your time can be an even bigger thing. Whether it is helping a child down the street do their homework or shopping for the your elderly neighber who can't get out or providing free babysitting to the single parent in your neighborhood. If everyone did just one thing each week, we can help get each other back on our feet and get out of this rut.

    That being said I am now donating 10% of my sales to LifeChoices from now until the end of the year. So each time you buy from me you are helping a parent and child.

    Here are some links to some charities you can donate to:
    Charity Navigator-a database of charities
    Top Rated Charities-Run by the American Institute of Philanthropy
    America's Charities

    No comments: