Subscribe to our newsletter

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Newsletters you can trust

Meagan's Designs Etsy Shop

Kaedan Krafts Etsy Shop

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Twitter Counter Remote

    What I want to buy!

    Monday, January 19, 2009

    Get Organized--Mom Style

    For some reason but the topic of organizing has surrounding me today. I love to listen to this single mom's podcast and everyday (to catch up) I listen to a new topic and today's was about getting organized. Then I go to work and on downtime I usually read a new magazine and every magazine I flipped through was about organizing your home and your life. Well all this talk about organizing got me thinking, How can I organize my life? I am going to tell you my ideas and how you can use things around the house to help you out.
    To start, I know I needed to organize all my craft supplies which includes yarn, ribbon, fabric, buttons, unfinished projects and finished projects. The first thing I did was go to Walmart and buy a 7 draw organizer. The organizer was on sale for $32 and has 3 large draws and 4 med/small draws. Next I started putting all my yarn into the large bins, then I put some unfinished projects into the small drawers. The top drawer is now filled with ribbon, thread and few other odds and ends.

    The next thing I tackled was my buttons. I have a ton of buttons that I bought or taken off of clothes that are no longer worn so I wanted to keep them all in one or two places. I found 2 old glass jars that were not being used so I put all the buttons in the jars.

    Then I saw all the empty diaper boxes I had laying around and organized my finished items into different sections like, scarves, crochet bags, canvas bags. Plus I used a couple of the boxes to keep some keepsakes for my kids and myself.Lastly, I took old wipe boxes and put my coffee cozies and other small items in them. This is a great way to store things and be able to stack the boxes.So I hope my organizing expierence helps you to organize your life and use what is around you like old boxes, jars and containers.

    1 comment:

    Jenn said...

    Nice job! Thank you for sharing! I need to implement some of those tips in my house! Organization is NOT my strong point!!

    Thanks!
    Jenn
    www.LearnHowToMakeBows.com