Subscribe to our newsletter

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Newsletters you can trust

Meagan's Designs Etsy Shop

Kaedan Krafts Etsy Shop

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Twitter Counter Remote

    What I want to buy!

    Thursday, October 16, 2008

    Leanne Won!!

    Just like every other aspiring designer in the country, I was glued to the TV watching for the announcement of Project Runway's Season 5 winner. Since the begining of the show, I was a fan of Leanne's out of the box design. Her style wasn't over the top like Blayne or Suede but, refined and elegant but still chic.

    As the show progressed, I was worried for Korto as she made new pieces for her runway show and Kenley just didn't know how to keep her mouth shut. Kenley does have some unique designs but is it just coincidence that she pretty much knocked off 4 to 5 different designers signature looks? I think that she did do her research and figured what worked for big designers could work for her. There were a couple of dresses from both Korto and Kenley that I liked but overall their collections weren't my taste and I don't seem them going long term in the fashion world.

    Leanne's collection was refreshing and chic. There was a need for a little more color but the white was crisp and you don't always see that in a whole collection. The petal/wave effect looked very different from her competitors and is what made her stand out from the crowd. I loved the whole collection and would love to wear any of those pieces.

    CONGRATULATIONS LEANNE

    No comments: