Subscribe to our newsletter

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Newsletters you can trust

Meagan's Designs Etsy Shop

Kaedan Krafts Etsy Shop

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Twitter Counter Remote

    What I want to buy!

    Tuesday, September 9, 2008

    Using Myspace as a Marketing Tool

    Since I am just starting out my business I am looking to utilize any free advertising as possible so someone suggested setting up a Myspace page just for my business. I set my page up about 4 months ago and really didn't do much with it. Well that is all about to change.

    I have my Myspace set up with Etsymini's for both of my shops so people can see a live feed of what is going on in my shop. Since I am apart of different groups, I have badges telling people I am a member of each group and a badge support etsy and handmade items. The page is a simple background without alot of flash to slow the page loading time down.

    With that all set up, next on my list is friends. I have slowly added about 200 friends from etsy but I wanted to reach a wider group of people. So I joined the I love to crochet group and a parenting group. I am requesting about 25-30 of the group members as friends, which I get about 10-15 added a day. I go to the forums and commented and let people know I am around. I am at 360 friends now!

    I am trying to comment on each person's myspace page about once every 2 weeks and let post bulletins about my shop or my blog a few times a day. I add new pictures of my items from my shops so that they gain more exposure. I usually get about 2 comments for every 5 pictures I upload.

    I haven't gotten any sales from using Myspace yet but I am patiently waiting to see if all the hardwork pays off.

    Do you use Myspace? Is it a success? Any tips?

    4 comments:

    lhansen said...

    I use Myspace....it hasn't yet become a great selling tool for me that I know of....however, I probably don't update it frequently enough~ I think I probably have gotten more business from Flickr, I hope you have Great success!

    Estela said...

    Myspace has worked for me!
    I post bulletins letting people know about sales, new items, events, etc.
    We should be myspace friends! :)

    www.myspace.com/stelabird

    kim* said...

    people add pp l for their own benefit... i dont waste my time on adding people. they just want more friends...

    Go2Girl (Kila) said...

    I just started posting new pieces on my space. We'll see how it works. Challengettes can send a Hello and add a pict of your items under my comments Url : myspace.com/kilaann

    (go2girl.etsy.com)