Subscribe to our newsletter

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Newsletters you can trust

Meagan's Designs Etsy Shop

Kaedan Krafts Etsy Shop

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Twitter Counter Remote

    What I want to buy!

    Thursday, July 3, 2008

    No More Buying Supplies

    I know on Etsy there is a group that has taken a vow not to buy supplies for the summer. I understand that they mean well with gas prices going up and the cost of going grocery shopping is no cheaper. A gallon of milk in my store (my day job is a small town grocery store, the nearest big store is a half hour from any direction) $4.59. When I see people come through my line with $100 worth of organic fruits and veggies, I don't understand how people can afford them.

    Back to the topic at hand, supplies. I am attempting my own version of no buying supplies for the summer vow. I vow not to buy any yarn until all of mine is gone. I have an upcoming show and I need to make more cotton bags (people in my town LOVE to use their own grocery bags), so I will only buy clearance fabric. I think that, with the exception of fabric, I am set for the summer with supplies. I really have a TON of yarn and i might even start destashing it in one of my shops.

    How about you? Can you take the vow not to buy supplies for the summer?

    1 comment:

    Carly said...

    Hi there! I'm a fellow Cafemom etsy mom and blogger. I really need to take that pledge too. I have plenty of yarn in my stash, I just need to find the inspiration to choose the right yarn for the right things. With money so tight, I need to use up some of my stash before I even consider buying more.