Subscribe to our newsletter

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Newsletters you can trust

Meagan's Designs Etsy Shop

Kaedan Krafts Etsy Shop

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Twitter Counter Remote

    What I want to buy!

    Wednesday, July 23, 2008

    More than 1 Etsy Shop??

    As you all know I have 2 shops Meagan's Designs and Kaedan Krafts. Kaedan Krafts is easily described as a baby and Children's gift shop. Now my problem is Meagan's Designs shop, I just don't think the ACEO's fit into the theme of Women's handbags and accessories. Eventually I want that shop to be all about women and the unique things they would buy themselves or others. I really don't want to open a 3rd shop but I am on the fence cause they really just don't fit in.

    Do you have more than 1 shop?

    5 comments:

    Robin Lynne said...

    I have 4 shops. 3 that I use (handmade jewelry, soap, and then photography,) I also have 1 that just kinda sits around (it's a "banner" shop.)

    So far, I haven't gone crazy and the sales have been alright :) I was worried about cohesiveness too. My jewelry is more fun and silly, whereas my photography is all fancy shmancy. :)

    Nicole R.J. said...

    I have 3 shops (1 for my main jewelry, 1 for charm jewelry and 1 for supplies). All three started in the first sop, and eventually vranched out to their own, because I wanted things to be a little more cohesive - and I had three seperate sets of buyers anyway.

    The third (charm) shops doesn't get as much love as the other two, but the items seem to do fine anyway. I couldn't imagine having enough time to promote all three... so if you do a lot of promoting and are short on time (because who isn't?) that's a consideration.

    But you can do things like forward all your emails to the same main account to help speed up a few of the mundane admin things, and sorting paypal payments by the email it as sent to is a godsend.

    Good luck whichever way you go!

    Ellen said...

    I've been on the fence about opening a second shop for a while. I still might, but right now I'm just putting everything into one. Sometimes it does feel a bit "flea markety" to me. (I think that's the cohesiveness we're all striving for... or the lack thereof.)

    ~Ellen

    Karma by Morgan said...

    I only have one shop...and I think thats all i need. I can understand the need for two shops!

    brightonEarly said...

    OY! I can't believe some of you?! 3 and 4 shops?!

    I'm having a heckuva time deciding between one or two!