Subscribe to our newsletter

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Newsletters you can trust

Meagan's Designs Etsy Shop

Kaedan Krafts Etsy Shop

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Twitter Counter Remote

    What I want to buy!

    Friday, June 13, 2008

    Stay Positive on Etsy

    In these times of hardship in our society we need to stay positive. The negativity bug has hit Etsy in a big way. It is weaving itself all through the forums and really it is ashame. As a handmade community we need to stick together, not pull each other down!

    I know that they are saying that about 500 new shops open everyday on etsy, which to me is a great thing because that means more and more people are making that leap to sell their own handmade items. It is a scary thing to get started in this business with the failure rate so high but you also can't expect to just list your items and they automatically sell. It takes so much work to run a business even if it is only a side business.

    I know that these older businesses on etsy think that the newer ones are taking their business when really it is the nastiness that they breed throughout the forums that takes away their business. As a seller I am also a buyer and I will not buy from someone who is going to spew hatred and meanness and I have friends in my One a Day Group that feel the same way. The trust in them as sellers and trust in their products has vanished.

    So everyone please remember why we all came to etsy, to buy and sell our handmade items and respect each other!

    No comments: