Subscribe to our newsletter

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Newsletters you can trust

Meagan's Designs Etsy Shop

Kaedan Krafts Etsy Shop

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Twitter Counter Remote

    What I want to buy!

    Thursday, June 5, 2008

    Rubber Ducky Your the One


    Doesn't everyone have or want a rubber ducky of their very own? Well my latest project is a rubber ducky flannel print burp cloth and bib set.

    I went to the craft store to buy some more velcro (another sundress) and a few other little things and ended up buying flannel fabric, velcro, yarn(peaches N cream on sale for $1 and one rung up for $.25), a new marking pen, purse handles and a few other things. I usually wait until fabric is marked down to buy because I have to factor that into my costs but this rubber ducky print was irresistible.

    So when I got home I went start to work on it and cut out my patterns for the bib and burp cloth and cut out enough fabric to make 2 bibs and 2 burp cloths in the rubber ducky pattern and another pattern. (What can I say I was on a roll!) It only took an hour for me sew up all 4 pieces and stuff them with the polyfil!

    Here is my take on the polyfil because I am sure people are a little surprised by it. When my kids were younger(in the needing to be burped phases) they would eventually fall asleep on my shoulder and my shoulder are really bony. I would always try to squeeze something a little softer between my shoulder and them but would always wake them up. This eliminates that step! The flannel is soft but still contours to the bones but with a little polyfil you can burp them on a mini pillow that can be thrown into the wash with the rest of your stuff.

    The contour of the burp cloth is great for the adult because it curves around your neck so you are not get it all bunched up and worrying about the cloth being in the baby's face. The flannel bib is absorbent for drool or the messy eater. I also filled the bib with polyfil to give them a little life.

    You can check them out in my shop @: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=12321265

    No comments: