Subscribe to our newsletter

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Newsletters you can trust

Meagan's Designs Etsy Shop

Kaedan Krafts Etsy Shop

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Twitter Counter Remote

    What I want to buy!

    Wednesday, June 25, 2008

    Etsy: Business or Pleasure

    I know that my regular readers are probaly wondering what happened to yesterday's post but after working 8 out of a 13 day work week I was exhausted and slept until I had to wake up and go to work again.Which brings me to this week's poll Etsy: business or pleasure?

    As a seller, I look at Etsy as a place for my business that has also become a social place for me. I have seen this brought up in forums alot lately. I think mostly because most peoples sales are down due to the economy crunch that is affecting everyone around the world, they are wondering whether it is worth putting the effort into running their own business and putting money into etsy.

    See I don't have a choice but to look at Etsy as business because I am a single mom who has a crappy day job. I have to sacrifice a job that pays better for one that has better hours so I can be home with my children as much as possible. So when I am home I have to make up that difference and that is my business. I do have sales outside of etsy but if I treat etsy as a whatever happens, that great place then I will lose my focus and what could of have been a sale for me is now a sale for the listing next to me. So I am treating Etsy like a business place and charging ahead because eventually we will be out of this economy crunch(nothing lasts forever!)

    What do you think??

    3 comments:

    Walk in the Woods said...

    It really IS a social place! I've made some fine friends and acquaintances there! And we often nurture that through our blogs!

    Enjoy!

    Ellen said...

    I think your poll needs a 3rd option... both! I would love for it to be a viable business, but I also love doing it, and making things for my shop, so it really is a pleasure.
    ~Ellen

    Regal Beads said...

    so many hugs for putting your kids first. Keep at it!