Subscribe to our newsletter

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Newsletters you can trust

Meagan's Designs Etsy Shop

Kaedan Krafts Etsy Shop

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Twitter Counter Remote

    What I want to buy!

    Monday, June 2, 2008

    The Balance Of Time

    I am having a very hard time balancing my time between my biz and my family. See I have a day job that I work from 9-3 M-F and then I come home and need to work on my biz and catch up on emails and forums for my groups that I missed while I worked. I also have my family to tend to and they deserve so much (all) my attention too! I just don't how to do it all without cutting into my sleep to much.

    Here is a typical (work) day for me: wake up between 5:30-6am (except those days that I can't wake up and stay in bed until 7am, like today) I blog, catch up with my one a dayers thread, catch up on email from overnight(if time allows), I leave for work at 8:15 (it gives me 20-25 mins to crochet and alone time) 9-3 I work, after that I run into a problem. I usually spend my time on the computer catching up with what I missed or am at the sewing machine or crocheting or creating something to add to one of my shops. My baby always gets upset when she sees me at the computer(a big sign to get off).

    This is all that I belong to (prob to many but I have friends in each group): One A Day Challenge, EtsyMoms, EtsyACEO, CafeMom(about 5 groups there), EtsyHookers, Myspace(biz and personal with 2 groups), Ravelry, Flickr, my blog and probaly a few that I am forgetting right now.

    Here is what I am going to try and do to balance everything: I am going to blog every morning and catch up with the one a dayers, I will give 1-2 hours per group per week. I am going to try and get projects done after kids go to sleep or while they are occupied for an hour. The rest of my time has to be with my family. Kids are only kids for so long.

    I will see how it goes and tell you and updates.

    No comments: