Subscribe to our newsletter

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Newsletters you can trust

Meagan's Designs Etsy Shop

Kaedan Krafts Etsy Shop

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Twitter Counter Remote

    What I want to buy!

    Sunday, May 4, 2008

    My First Sale & Cricket Creations Featured Etsy Shop

    I got my first 2 sales overnight and the excitement was more than words can tell. I just about jumped out of chair when I saw that I had not just one but 2 sales. They were my beautiful photographs of the shore. My next goal is to sell one of my crocheted items!!

    ~~~~~~~Featured Shop: Crickets Creations http://www.cricketscreations.etsy.com ~~~~~~~

    Crickets Creations is a great shop on etsy that sells handmade scarves. I met Celeste through the One A Day Challenge and here is my interview with her:

    Tell me a bit about yourself (name, location, affiliations, personal stuff).

    My name is Celeste and I hand knit luxury, designer fashion scarves! I live in the Golden Circle near the Grand Canyon, so my tagline is, “Handcrafted in the Heart of Canyon Country, USA!” Because I live in the high desert (it’s either very hot or very cold), my designs are for year-round wear. You can even see a pic of me modeling one of my Skinny Summer Boas in 90+ degree weather, outside at:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/cricketscreations/2180216171/in/set-72157603673305394/

    • What is the name of your Shop?

    My nickname is Crickets, so my shop is Crickets Creations Handknit Scarves. Sometimes I shorten it to Crickets Handknits because I’m corny and like rhymes!

    • Please describe your creative process (how, when, materials, etc).

    My muse, inspiration & support is my sweetie, Nicky. I made my very first scarf for him (see that first scarf, modeled by Nicky at http://www.flickr.com/photos/cricketscreations/2181004294/in/set-72157603673305394/). He loved it so much that he said, "You could sell these and people would love 'em!" And since August 2007 I’ve sold almost 300 scarves, so I guess he was right. :)

    I love to play with texture and color, and typically make 2-3 scarves a night, whether for custom orders, special requests from the over 10 retailers I supply, scarves to sell online (I offer about 75 different styles, colors & thicknesses), or getting ready for craft fairs & expos. If you’re a professional crafter, too, please let me know if I can offer support or advice on how to succeed.

    • That inspires you? Where do your ideas come from?

    I love scarves that are reminiscent of everything that either gives us life or brings joy to our lives. I have nature themed scarves (Sea Colors or Embers & Ashes, for example), food themed scarves (Chocolate Mint and Oat Bran Muffin are two current favorites) and fun-themed scarves (Carnival or Gothic Disco). My favorite inspirations are animals (Macaw, Octopus, Animal Print, etc), I love to name my scarves after animals.

    • How did you get into your craft?

    I took an elective class when I was eight years old. From there, I studied knitting books and tried out patterns. Now I design all my own work and can get really creative!

    • Apart from creating things, what do you do?

    I have been practicing Bikram yoga (http://bikramyoga.com/) for over a decade. I love the heat, the routine, and how demanding the poses are when tried correctly. I also love putzing around in our yard and pretending I’m gardening. I just love being outside, really.

    • How do you promote your work?

    My main site is http://cricketscreations.etsy.com

    There’s also:
    http://cricketscreations.blogspot.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/people/cricketscreations
    http://www.indiepublic.com/profile/CricketsCreationsHandknitScarves

    The best way that I’ve been able to sell almost 300 scarves in just seven months is to have fun, create a quality product, and appreciate the many people who choose multiple scarves for themselves or for gifts. It’s been a blast and I appreciate the opportunity! I offer a special price of only $30 per scarf to those who contact me before checking out, because I so enjoy the chance to interact with my customers and get to know them as people or even friend

    3 comments:

    Ellen said...

    Excellent interview. I love getting to know our fellow challengers!
    --Ellen

    Crickets Creations Handknit Scarves said...

    Wow, Meagan! I was already over-the-top happy to know you via our One-A-Day creative challenge...and this most recent show of generosity takes the cake!

    Thanks soooo much for including me in your great blog!
    Your teammate,
    Celeste (Crickets)

    CURU said...

    Nice post and congrats on your sales!